Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mini Mac Lives!


Mini-Mac Lives! with my deepest and sincerest thanks to my neighbors Lee, for sending Roger over, and Roger for performing the resurrection. I may be turning into a droid but when my computer crashes I do too.

Its not just because of my blog habit/obsession but I use my Mini-Mac for so many things including aspects of my jobs not to mention making up flyers and emailing them out. Here is my most recent, a flyer inviting folks to the upcoming Inauguration Day Potluck at the High School. Obviously I owe a debt to Shepard Fairey, the designer of the now iconic Obama poster.

One thing that may have put my Mini-Mac over the edge was my attempt to make a few cents off my blog by advertising books/music/film through an Amazon book carousel. In particular I wanted to feature the book, Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid by Jimmy Carter and the DVD, Gaza Strip by filmmaker James Longley. Longley, the talented son of my neighbor Roger who brought Mini-Mac back to life, was nominated for an Oscar for this documentary that gives a rare view into life in Gaza under the Israeli occupation.

Carter’s book and Longley’s film are both available at San Juan Island’s public library. San Juan Island Library, the last refuge for the internet addicted during a crash. God Bless the public library.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Peggy Sue -

    I got my copy of Palestine Peace Not Apartheid at the Carter Center a couple of years ago.

    It was an education for me, regarding Israel's violation of their agreements.

    Also, National Geographic (within the past year) had an article on the Israeli oppression of the Palestinians.

    Yet, Bush and Rice (and Reid) talk about how Israel is justified in this brutality.

    Finally, I was puzzled by Carter's walk-on appearance at the 2008 Democratic convention. Then I read that he was barred from speaking because of his writings on Israel's injustices. I was disappointed in Obama for allowing that to happen.

    Keep up your good work.

    Blessings,
    Nalton

    ReplyDelete