Wednesday, December 19, 2007

More Fun With Kelp

THE QUEST FOR THE MIGHTY BULL KELP
or
DOES A DOG HAVE BUDDHA NATURE?

Photo Credit: This photo must have been taken by Chinmayo.
I'm busy rowing and the dog is clearly meditating.


My friend Chinmayo reminded me that to get the extra special prize winning kelp we went out in a small rowboat on a rather brisk day. She recommends: "Be sure to bring a big dog with you". A good sharp knife and a few plastic buckets for the kelp will come in handy too. I recall that I not only made kelp pickles but I dried the blades.

link to: Tongass Clearinghouse
to find recipes for Kelp Salsa & Kelp Relish
plus more tips on harvesting Kelp.

link to: LearningHerbs.com
to find a recipe for Kelp Energy Bars
plus health benefits of Kelp

link to: Beliefnet
to find a story about the Classic Zen Koan
Does a Dog have Buddha Nature?

No comments:

Post a Comment