Friday, March 14, 2008

Sakya on San Juan

Sakya Kachod Choling ~ On San Juan Island

One of my dear readers gently pointed out to me that though she appreciated my recent posts, wasn't I getting rather far afield from being "On San Juan Island"? And "when was I coming back"? While it is true I could hardly get further from San Juan Island than Tibet and yet, as a Buddhist and member of the Tibetan Buddhist center on San Juan Island I feel a personal connection.

I also feel it is my duty as a citizen blogger living in a country where we still have freedom of speech to speak out when authorities clamp down on communications just as Buddhist monks are getting beaten up, arrested and worse. My first political posts where about the situation in Burma. Please indulge me dear readers and I promise to bring it all back home.

My Teacher, Lama Jetsun Kushok

No comments:

Post a Comment