Sunday, September 23, 2007

Mudra Triptych

These three watercolor paintings on handmade paper from India depict three Mudras, ancient symbolic hand gestures or physical expressions of different states of being. Mudras are common iconography in Buddhist art. Atmanjali Mudra, Prayer, is a common hand gesture to many cultures indicating reverence. Bhumisparsha Mudra, The Earth is my Witness, originates with the enlightenment of Buddha. Abhaya Mudra, Have No Fear, is a gesture of reassurance and protection.

These paintings, together or separatly, as well as my featured paintings on the side bar are available for purchase as Giclee Prints. Please leave a comment below to indicate interest.

The origonals of the Mudra paintings were submitted in my application for my residency with the Morris Graves Foundation and were given as a gift to the Foundation after my residency.

Purchase of art from this blog will support continuation of this blog, development of the ON SAN JUAN ISLAND blog as a web page and continuation of my painting career. At this time I have no mechanism for online purchasing please indicate interest in the comment function below and I will respond to your comment with contact information ~ Peggy Sue

3 comments:

  1. I am interested in your artwork.
    Thanks,

    Rion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for expressing your interest in my paintings. I see you are a Leonard Cohen fan. Me too.

    I plan to set up a web site for art soon but for now would like to sell giclee prints of my paintings through my blog, most are 8.5" x 11.5" for $75 check or money order. P.O. Box 112, Friday Harbor, WA 98250.

    hmmm a novel in a month huh...

    again, thank you for your interest.

    Sincerely, Peggy Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Great art .   Bhumisparsha Mudra  is a symbolic gesture and body position that acknowledges a few major moments in the Buddha's life. This is my preferred mudra posture.

    ReplyDelete